|The Kingdom RP||Help Search Members Calendar Affiliates Shoutbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Rains give way to hail and snowstorms as winter finally swallows the kingdoms. Travellers are warned that these storms may hinder all forms of travel between the kingdoms, and to make allowances for delays that might last days or sometimes even weeks. When it's not snowing, it's wet and misty; a wetness that seeps through clothing and freezes overnight.
Scarves, high collars, coats, furs, and sturdy boots are not only in fashion, but necessary for outdoor excursions. For the home, pull out the heavy blankets, and keep a fire going at all times so you and your family don't freeze to death in your sleep.
» 20 DEC 2017The Staff will be updating and recoding some things about the site. Don't be alarmed if you see some mis-matched info boxes and whatnot. Please, let us know if any of the new coding seems wonky or difficult to read so we can fix it asap! ^-^
» 05 DEC 2017You can now track your threads, both the Active and Finished, in your profile. Go to your User CP to add/ edit, at any time. ^-^
» 01 DEC 2017Please, welcome our newest writers: Josie & Shrike! We're looking forward to all of your awesome creations!
» 04 SEPT 2017Please, welcome our newest writers: Corec, Falcon, Lys, Morrigan, & Nagwane! For those of you with whom we've been writing for over a month, we're excited to continue our plots. And for those of you We're just welcoming, we're looking forward to all of your awesome characters & plots!
» 01 JULY 2017Please, welcome our newest writers: Dandelion, Owl, Rice, Thomas, & Yogkudl! We're definitely looking forward to all of your awesome characters & plots!
Also, check out the new plot update and the July News post!
» 01 JUNE 2017Our June site-wide event is up! Will your character(s) join the fun or avoid the incoming crowds? What stories will they tell over the bonfire? We look forward to reading your posts!
Also, please welcome our newest writers: AJ, Lilah, Mallory, Meegs, Samson, Sissy, & Vagabond! We look forward to all of your awesome creations and plots going forward!
Finally, TK's Staff and Founding Members welcome to their ranks The Editor - our newest staff member. We look forward to both aid and collaborations around the site going forward!
» 01 MAY 2017Our May site-wide event is up! Will your character(s) avoid the storm or push headfirst into the gales and icy rains? We look forward to reading your stories!
Also, please, welcome our newest writers: Maz and White! We look forward to seeing the characters you will create, and to writing with you! ^-^
» 23 APR 2017Welcome to our newest writers: Dizzy, Jaffy, Nysa, and Rose! We look forward to seeing the characters you create, and writing with you! ^-^
» 01 APR 2017Soft-opening: Welcome to all visitors! We're officially open, though there are still a few kinks to be worked out so please be patient with us. Feel free to contact a staff member with any questions or suggestions you might have, and thanks for stopping by! ^-^
Posted: Jun 25 2017, 11:03 PM
○ me en bref: hello, I'm Nysa! I'm a twenty-two year old ethnically ambiguous Canadian mess who's just finished her double major degree and is now moving to Ireland in order to complete a Masters in medieval history, because the economy's broken and I might as well be in school. I have dedicated large chunks of my life towards affectionately mocking my historical and mythological favs in academic papers that border on being too informal, and at any given time I'm either ugly sobbing over the dead or lamenting the fact that science has yet to give us a functioning time machine. I'm also a musician and a singer/performer, and have been involved in various musical productions. at one point I also taught piano because why not? when I'm not making unholy shrieking noises over something history-related I can usually be found crying over Star Wars and wondering how J.J. Abrams could make such a good Star Wars movie but such a terrible Star Trek reboot.
○ my favourite authors/books are ... very difficult to narrow down because I read an unreal amount of books per year. I do like books by Michelle Moran, despite the main character being the same in all of them, and I also like the books "Ithaka" and "Troy" by Adele Geras, among many, many others. I grew up with the Roman Mysteries books and I also love my brand new translation of Reynard the Fox. ??? help me there's too much to put here.
○ my favourite genre is historical fiction. make me cry, authors!
○ I roleplay because: it's a huge stress-reliever for me, and since I've been roleplaying for all these years it's safe to say I enjoy it. I've had an absolutely rotten two years and I am actually secretly three seconds away from a nervous breakdown at all times. writing keeps the anxiety and the other nasty brain things at bay, but because some of the stuff that happened these past two years obliterated my ability to write how I used to, I kind of took a break before realizing I actually needed to keep roleplaying to keep my brain from eating itself. hooray!
○ I've been roleplaying for: aaaah, god, years? at least ten years? I started on neopets in the Good Ol' Days, and my oldest accounts have all been frozen by this point, but it's safe to say at least ten years.
○ my favourite RP genres are: historical/historical fantasy and/or mythological are my favourites when I can let my brain stop being a nutjob over perceived inaccuracies. other favs include urban fantasy/supernatural (the genre, not the tv show), the occasional fandom, and other types of fantasy.
○ ...because: [waves her degrees around like a madwoman]
○ my preferred character gender is: I play whatever's needed and always have, so I'm equally comfortable with playing male characters, female characters, et al/etc.
○ I get my character/writing inspiration from: literally anything. I can be staring at a lamp cover and suddenly have inspiration for something because my brain never, ever shuts up. the difficulty is deciding which idea to go with or which project of the five hundred ongoing ones I have to work on.
○ my favourite type of plot is: [chanting] suffering. make the characters suffer for their happiness. I want to see them carve their bittersweet or happy ending out of the goddamn mountain.
○ mature: this depends wholly on how comfortable I feel with my roleplay partner. I've written some frankly filthy rapidfires, but that was with a friend I've known for over five years, and it was over Skype. suffice to say on boards I'd prefer not to write explicit smut. if you want porn, you'll have to Skype me, and I absolutely won't be jumping right to the smut either way, for a variety of reasons.
○ violence: totally fine. my field of study has people dying in gruesome, creative ways all the time anyway, so I'm used to writing about it and I don't really have a limit for this.
○ language: in real life I curse like a sailor, and the amount of times I've had to censor myself on this thing already means that I am absolutely okay with any language the characters may use.
○ mirror: I try to? however, I also don't believe in forcing posts to be long if there's no need (please don't stress too much about writing me giant replies). if your entire post is just summarizing your last post with new bits in the last paragraph, I'd prefer you just posted that last paragraph because I'm not going to read the same post twice. basically as long as your post contains enough information for my character to respond to, I'm a happy duckling.
○ plotting or IC-only? eh, either or. I really usually only save hardcore, down-to-the-last-detail plotting with people I've known for awhile. otherwise I like starting out with vague outlines and then seeing how it goes, or just tossing two characters together and seeing if they implode. it's worth noting, however, that I will never, ever plot romances without seeing the characters first interact unless I've known you for years. I'm incredibly picky about romances, and will never fill or post a wanted ad for romantic or sexual interests as a result if my character is predetermined to reciprocate.
○ triggers? please don't hound me I'm small and sad and anxious and have a million things on the go at any given time both because my life is nuts and because I need a million things to beat back the ugly brain things. just know that at any given time I'm trying my best. also I'd really prefer not to see anything dealing with the death of canines. that will make me cry buckets.
○ anything else? my characters are often a game of "spot the lame historical reference", and I like making graphics so feel free to hit me up for Adequates.
○ how did you find us? I was advertised to on the RPG-D by Wander ;D
○ what made you want to join? honestly? the people. I actually lurked this site for a bit before interacting on the cbox, and when I vanished for a bit to finish up the last month or two of my degree everyone was very patient and just. hm. it's hard to describe, but this site has a very good atmosphere to it, and I was relieved to see that people seemed to be putting a lot of thought into their characters instead of just going "lol this guy's hot! your female character's hot! they should bang!" not only that but you guys allow a lot of freedom without inducing anarchy or being disorganized, which was a big plus, as my brain needs organization right now. the staff obviously works very hard to keep everything running smoothly and that's really, really great, honestly. basically these factors and more told me this would be a very good site to join and I am very excited to plot with you all!
MARIAN THATCH ISKANDER ARTEMIOS
22 • MST • SHE/HER • PM/SKYPE/DISCORD
Posted: Jun 26 2017, 07:29 AM
written by Mal
Offline ⚙⚙ Writers
Oh Nysa, you sound like such an adorable hurricane of a person, and it takes my breath away just to see you write about your life. I'm a slowpoke, very mellow and lumbering and believing in tea time five times a day with naps interspersed. I started my History degree at your age, so there is all the proof you need.
I want to write with you a thousand times over (I already have ideas for Marian/Kaya for when the plot page is completed), and I cannot wait to discuss history like nerds.
Posted: Sep 5 2017, 01:01 AM
Hello everyone! I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here. Hope that's all right <3
The day has finally arrived! I am moving overseas! I have a lot to do in the next couple weeks and then even more to do once the 15th of September hits, so unfortunately I might not be super active in the coming bit. Obviously, I am going to do my best to be on both for my sake and for those I have threads with, but lord knows how these next few weeks will go, so I might not have a lot of time. Thank you all for your patience, and hopefully I'll see you all again soon ;D
CHARACTERS THIS AFFECTS:
Posted: Sep 5 2017, 02:17 AM
written by Falcon
Offline ⚙⚙ Writers
That's so exciting, Nysa! I wish you the best of luck! Take good care of yourself and have a grand adventure!
Posted: Nov 2 2017, 06:11 PM
I put off doing this because I kept trying to tell myself things were fine, but it's not fair to everyone else so just a little head's up: I have been very ill for four weeks, on top of program changes and everything else that's been going on. We first thought it was a cold, and then eventually it was diagnosed as tonsillitis; however, when the antibiotics didn't work, the doctors realized that it's probably been mono this whole time and I've been getting a bunch of fun blood tests done while also trying to catch up in my new program. So! I'm hoping the new antibiotics they prescribed will at least combat some of my symptoms while we wait for the results of the blood test, but I figured I'd post here and let everyone know, because I have a couple people waiting on threads and have felt horrible not being able to reply. I've just been really, really ill and when I'm not running around like a madwoman with school-related things I've been sleeping. So! Yeah! Hopefully I'll be on the mend soon and I'll be able to finish up my stuff, but that's kind of what's been going on. Sorry about this, guys </3