|The Kingdom RP||Help Search Members Calendar Shop Affiliates Shoutbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Welcome, Guest !
The Kingdom is set in an AU world where a kingdom, fearing magic, subjugates its magic users. The Resistance is gathering. In the midst of this conflict, pirates run rampant, and Otherworlders from Earth's past, present, and future occasionally drop in through various portals throughout the kingdoms. Where will you land? On which side will you fight? Join The Kingdom and find out today! The Kingdom is an intermediate to advanced character-driven steampunk fantasy RP that uses a seasonal site-wide plot. We encourage each writer to add to the site's canon by creating interesting characters, groups, and lore. We place a high emphasis on strong writing styles and coherent, interesting plot-lines. If you enjoy writing, delving deep into plots, and creating dynamic characters, then you just might enjoy your stay here at The Kingdom. ^_^
A grey fog hovers over the Kingdoms. Days shift from scattered showers to dreary, dark grey, to days of lingering, cold and light grey clouds, to misty days with rays of sunlight and flashes of blue skies slipping between light grey clouds. The fog seems ever-present.
If you can manage it, bring an umbrella with you no matter what the skies look like when you leave your dwelling. The rains may be fewer this Spring, but the necessity may arise when you least expect it.
» 2 MAR 2018Please, welcome our newest members: Finn, Freya, Imogen, Markenwell, & SusieQ! We're looking forward to seeing what you come up with! ^-^
» 20 DEC 2017The Staff will be updating and recoding some things about the site. Don't be alarmed if you see some mis-matched info boxes and whatnot. Please, let us know if any of the new coding seems wonky or difficult to read so we can fix it asap! ^-^
» 05 DEC 2017You can now track your threads, both the Active and Finished, in your profile. Go to your User CP to add/ edit, at any time. ^-^
» 01 DEC 2017Please, welcome our newest writers: Josie & Shrike! We're looking forward to all of your awesome creations!
» 04 SEPT 2017Please, welcome our newest writers: Corec, Falcon, Lys, Morrigan, & Nagwane! For those of you with whom we've been writing for over a month, we're excited to continue our plots. And for those of you We're just welcoming, we're looking forward to all of your awesome characters & plots!
» 01 JULY 2017Please, welcome our newest writers: Dandelion, Owl, Rice, Thomas, & Yogkudl! We're definitely looking forward to all of your awesome characters & plots!
Also, check out the new plot update and the July News post!
» 01 JUNE 2017Our June site-wide event is up! Will your character(s) join the fun or avoid the incoming crowds? What stories will they tell over the bonfire? We look forward to reading your posts!
Also, please welcome our newest writers: AJ, Lilah, Mallory, Meegs, Samson, Sissy, & Vagabond! We look forward to all of your awesome creations and plots going forward!
Finally, TK's Staff and Founding Members welcome to their ranks The Editor - our newest staff member. We look forward to both aid and collaborations around the site going forward!
» 01 MAY 2017Our May site-wide event is up! Will your character(s) avoid the storm or push headfirst into the gales and icy rains? We look forward to reading your stories!
Also, please, welcome our newest writers: Maz and White! We look forward to seeing the characters you will create, and to writing with you! ^-^
» 23 APR 2017Welcome to our newest writers: Dizzy, Jaffy, Nysa, and Rose! We look forward to seeing the characters you create, and writing with you! ^-^
» 01 APR 2017Soft-opening: Welcome to all visitors! We're officially open, though there are still a few kinks to be worked out so please be patient with us. Feel free to contact a staff member with any questions or suggestions you might have, and thanks for stopping by! ^-^
Posted: Mar 25 2018, 03:28 PM
written by Finn
SHE / HER
Offline ⚙⚙ Writers
○ Me in Brief: Hi, I'm Finn! I live in a snowy, rural part of the Northeast. I'm an outdoor and experiential educator who works with children and adults. I've been rping since I was 11-years-old, and I love it! I enjoy writing youth characters the most because I think they have the potential of providing a unique perspective to stories. Um, I have two cats and a dog! I love to read, play the piano, write, kayak, hike, and play awesome board games. I love Harry Potter, Marvel, steampunk, period dramas, Doctor Who, Star Wars, cute animals, and a million other things. haha I'm never sure what to say for these things, so I hope that was okay!
○ My favourite author(s)/ book(s) are ... Tamora Pierce, Neil Gaiman, Charles Dickens, Every Heart a Doorway, All the Light We Cannot See, Harry Potter, The Giver Series, His Dark Materials, Diana Wynne Jones, The Leviathan Series, Dinotopia, S.E. Grove, and sooooo many more.
○ My favourite genre is all of them? Historical fiction, steampunk, fantasy, and sci-fi, especially. Either combined or separate.
○ I roleplay because: I love to let my imagination run wild, and it's really enjoyable to find other compatible writers whom you can create emotional, whimsical, funny, angsty, etc. etc. stories with. I love the character interactions and development.
○ I've been roleplaying for: a long time. I guess I started rping 16 years ago (holy shit), but I guess I'd go with 12 since I took a few breaks and high school is when I really started doing some serious rp.
○ My favourite RP genre(s) is (are): historical, steampunk, and fantasy.
○ ...because: they're awesome? I don't know. haha I just love exploring certain time periods, being surrounded by airships and crazy inventions, and dabbling in magical situations.
○ My preferred character gender is: male or genderqueer. I don't mind playing females, but they're my last choice.
○ I get my character/writing inspiration from: real life, books/movies, dreams, and other people's random life stories.
○ My favourite type of plot is: all of them? I love thrusting characters into situations and interactions with other people and seeing where they naturally end up. So, character development type plots! I also, love angsty, emotional plots. And comedic relief plots!
○ Mature: I assume this refers to sex since there's a separate section for violence. If I am playing a child character, this is obviously a big noooooope. If I'm playing an adult, I would prefer it to fade to black and be assumed that it happened. I'm cool with rping out a bit of romance, though! Holding hands, some kissing, other intimate moments, but, when it comes to the act, I would prefer to skip it.
○ Violence: I'm cool with playing out violence. Violence is a part of life, so it would be a part of my character(s)' lives, too. I would go with whatever everyone involved is comfortable with, and I imagine it would likely be discussed beforehand.
○ Language: Cursing is fine by me.
○ Mirror: Usually I try to write a similar amount as my rp partner. However, I'll write more or less depending on what's needed for a specific post. It depends what's needed at the time.
○ Plotting or IC-Only? I like both! I love seeing what happens, but I also like plotting in-depth stories that might develop over multiple threads. I also like to plot a general idea, and then see what ends up actually happening in rp.
○ Triggers? I would prefer not to read graphic descriptions about rape/incest/sexual abuse.
○ Anything else? I don't think so. I'm a little bit quiet, so it takes me a little bit to approach others for rp sometimes. I'm also really laid-back/easygoing; it's pretty rare that I won't go for an rp idea unless it's something IC'ly impossible.
○ How did you find us? RPG-D
○ What made you want to join? The plot sounded right up my alley, especially with fae-born characters and airships.
27 • EST • SHE/HER • PM or Discord
Posted: Mar 25 2018, 03:41 PM
written by Wander
Studier of Things
My Pen & My Mind
“Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand.” ~ George Orwell
Offline ⚙⚙ Writers
Hiya, Finn, and welcome!
Oh, gods, I have so many thoughts, but I'm going to try to keep this brief. Let's see:
I, too, like a LOT of those things: Star Wars, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, steampunk (I mean, that's quite obvious, I know ), Marvel, and cute animals (although, is there anyone who doesn't? I'm not sure I'd want to know those people. ).
His Dark Materials is probably one of my favourite series of all time, second only - perhaps - to The Wheel of Time series. I adore Diana Wynne Jones, and I greatly enjoyed The Leviathan Series. There's more in there, but... gods, if we start chatting about writers we like, we may never stop.
I also greatly enjoy RPing children because they're still learning, and it's really interesting to RP those moments where they realise the world might not be PRECISELY as their parents made it out to be? Though I haven't RPed anyone under 18 since my last Hogwarts board, to be honest. It's been quite a while.
And, I have to admit, I too am quite shy and quiet. It takes me some time to feel comfortable with others enough to chat with them, which is honestly WHY I RP because it can be so much easier to get to know a character through one of my characters, than to get to know a person as myself? Yep.
Anyhow... that still got a bit long, but welcome to TK! Please, feel free to chat with me about whatever you like or any concerns/ questions you might have. And if you're not up for it, that's also cool with me - it's completely up to you and your comfort levels.
I hope you enjoy writing here!
Posted: Mar 25 2018, 05:11 PM
written by Finn
SHE / HER
Offline ⚙⚙ Writers
Yeah, I could talk about writers/books forever. (And quite a few other things.) I just finished my yearly re-read of His Dark Materials, so it's definitely on the brain. hahaha The Wheel of Time series has been on my to-read list forever. I've only ever heard good things!
I love rping kids realizing the real world isn't what they thought it was, too. AND Harry Potter. Dang, I miss the days of really well done Hogwarts rp boards.
I completely agree that it's way easier to socialize with an rp character than it is by yourself! It's way less awkward, and it somehow feels more...authentic? If that makes sense. It's easier to connect with others when you're pretending it's not you. I think that's a little bit also why I rp, as well.
It's nice to meet you!